+44 7812 925 698
WeChat ID: LijunBiPaterson
Aubretia Dance Studio (奥布里亚舞蹈工作室) was established in June 2018 by Ms. Lijun Bi. The studio has already distinguished itself through its active involvement in a multitude of major Chinese cultural events, as well as cooperate events in the UK.
Ms. Lijun Bi ( 毕丽俊 ) is an experienced dance teacher, dancer and choreographer from 2003. She specializes in Chinese classical dance, Han Tang dance, Dunhuang (敦煌) dance, ethnic dance and modern dance.
She has advanced professional certificate in Chinese classical dance from Beijing Dance Academy, China.
She is the founder and artistic director of Aubretia Dance Studio (奥布里亚舞蹈工作室) and the London Chinese Community Centre Performing Art Troupe.
She hosts regular dance classes in her dance studio based in Watford and in the Chinese Community Centre in London Chinatown. She led her students performing in many major culture events in London and home counties.
On 15th February 2020, she curated the First China Evening Solo Segment at the House of iKon Show in London Fashion Week AW20.
Artistic Director Ms. Lijun Bi
In the past, Ms Lijun Bi was the founder of the first Chinese women's dance troupe in UK in 2003. Her Chinese Women's Waist Drum Dance Troup was the first one in Europe. She consequently had training and support from the Art Council England.
Notably in 2006, their fan dance representing Chinese Dance style was featured on the BBC TV live and on the BBC website.
See footage in https://youtu.be/GqjXGb4UGZ8
Aubretia Dance Studio past performances, events and workshops in 2019
On 9th November 2019, performed "Flame Dance" - Chinese fan dance, at the annual Lord Mayor's Show, which dated back to 1215, live on BBC and all major British media.
On 6th October 2019, performed Chinese classical dance for the Lord Mayor of the City of Westminster, Cllr Christabel Flight, at the 华人社区中心 for the 2018銀髮週日.
On 28th September 2019, performed "Flame Dance" at the UK Chinsese Society's Fair (2019年第二届英国华侨华人社团迎新日), launched by the European Times -《欧洲时报》.
On 21st September 2019, performed "DunHuang Dance" at the Greenwood Theatre to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of People's Republic of China, hosted by Beijing Association.
On 17th September 2019, performed "DunHuang Dance" at the Intercontinental London Park Lane. Overseas Chinese in Britain celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of People's Republic of China.
On 15th September 2019, performed "Flame Dance" and "Pear Bloosom Feelings" at the Greenwood Theatre to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the founding of People's Republic of China, hosted by 英国中文教育促进会.
On 13th September 2019, performed "DunHuang Dance" at Bang Bang Oriental City in London for the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival.
On 30th June 2019, performed "Flame Dance", "Chinese Ribbon Dance" and "Chinese Fan Dance" at the annual London Hong Kong Dragon Boat Festival. We were the sole dance troupe to give a colourful display of Chinese dances, which attracted, according to the official figure, 10,000 people to participate. Broadcast by all major media.
On 17th June 2019, Ms. Lijun Bi was filmed by the BBC4. She demonstrated her teaching of Chinese classical dance in the London Chinese Community Centre (伦敦华人中心). The documentary will be broadcast earlier 2020.
On 16th June 2019, as one of the organizers for the dance and singing flash mob at the Greenwich in celebrating the 70th anniversary of PRC, filmed for Beiling Television to broadcast in October 2019 in China. Thanks to over 20 members from UK-China National Dance Exchange Association(UKCNDEA) and students from Aubretia Dance Studio.
Thanks to British-Chinese Economic and Cultural Promotion Association, Beijing Television, London Fude Chinese School and Golden Age Media.
- 8th March 2019, Han dance and Qipao dance for the International Women's Day celebration at the Kew Garden invited by UK Chinese International Women’s Association.
- 26th Februry 2019, performed Han dance for the Chinese New Year Celebration invited by Sunde Chinese Business Association.
- 24th Februry 2019, performed three dances - "Go to Spring Outing", "Pear Blossom Love" and "Good Luck" for the Guizhou Maotai London Chinese New Year Celebration organized by 英国爵士贸易有限公司 and 英国福州十邑同乡总会
- 17th Februry 2019, performed three dances : "Flowing Water", "Pear Blossom Feelings" and "Good Luck" for the Chinese New Year Culture Show at the Watford Palace Theatre.
- 16th Februry 2019, performed "Pear Blossom Feelings" for the Chinese New Year celebration at the Regent Hall Theatre, at Oxford Street, Mayfair, organized by UK Beijing Arts Centre and Beijing Association of the UK.
- 13th Februry 2019, performed "Yiao Zhu Wu Qiu" - umbrella dance for cooperate event at the Shangri-La at the Shard, London.
- 12th Februry 2019, performed three dances: "Xiang He Ge" - foot drum dance,"Lu Flower" - fan dance and "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance, at the Urswick School.
- 10th Februry 2019, afternoon, performed "Pear Blossom Feelings" on the main stage of Trafalgar Square. And in the evening, gave a grand full version of "Good Luck" for the finale of the London Chinese New Year celebration on the main stage of Trafalgar Square. The London Chinese New Year celebration was the biggest CNY celebration outside of South East Asia. An estimated seven hundred thousand people attended the event!
- 10th Februry 2019, morning, performed two dances: "Pear Blossom Feelings", "Good Luck" at the National Gallery, London.
- 9th Februry 2019, performed "Hong Yan Jiu", "In the Land of Hope" for the Chinese New Year celebration, organized by the V&A.
- 9th Februry 2019, performed "Pear Blossom Feelings", "Good Luck", "Xiang He Ge" - foot drum dance and "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance, for the Chinese New Year celebration at the Brent Cross, organized by London Chinese Community Centre.
- 7th Februry 2019, performed two dances: "Lu Flower" - fan dance and "Xiang He Ge" - foot drum dance at the MPW, Queen's Gate, London
- 6th Februry 2019, Chinese culture and dance workshops at the William Ellis School.
- 4th February 2019, Press Launch for the London Chinese New Year celebration at the National Gallery.
- 3rd Februry 2019, performed "In the Land of Hope" for the Chinese New Year Extravaganza at the Portsmouth Guildhall, PO1 2AB, organized by UK Portsmouth Chinese Association and Portsmouth University Chinese Student Union.
- 30th January 2019, had great honour to perform "Hong Yan Jiu" and "In the Land of Hope" in themed evening in the Science Museum for Ambassador Liu Xiaoming of the People's Republic of China.
Aubretia Dance Studio past performances & events in 2018
- 12th November 2018, 伦敦华埠商会成立四十周年庆典! 400多华人华侨在Park Lane希尔顿欢聚一堂. Such honour for us to perform two dances : "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance and "Jade Lady" - fan dance for the ceremony at London Hilton Park Lane.
- 8th November 2018, performed Chinese umbrella dance for the Asia Week (伦敦亚洲艺术节) event at the Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour.
- 7th November 2018, performed in the Hackney Empire Theatre in commemoration of 100 years of Chinese Labour Corp for their contribution in WWI.
Thanks to our wonderful students who gave a first class performances to “红颜旧” and “在希望的田野上”.
- 7th October 2018, performed Chinese classical dance for the Lord Mayor of the City of Westminster, Cllr Lindsey Hall, at the 华人社区中心 for the 2018銀髮週日. 她表示，華人社區中心的多元精彩的活動，可令無論長者，還有各年齡參與者的生活都充滿樂趣！
- 29th September 2018, performed umbrella dance at the 2018首届英国华侨华人社团迎新日 launched by The European Times (UK Edition) 《欧洲时报》（英国版）.
- 29th September 2018, performed two dances: "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance and umbrella dance for the opening ceremony at the first CUKRUN Chinese Athletics Games ( 首届全英华人田径运动会).
- 23rd September 2018, performed four dances: "Liang Liang" - Han dance, "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance, "If Love" - Qipao dance, "Shan Lake Praise" - celebration dance at the London Chinatown 伦敦华埠欢庆中秋, organized by the London Chinatown Chinese Association.
- 17th September 2018, Aubretia Dance Studio was invited to coreograph three dances for the celebration of the 69th anniversary of the People's Republic of China organized by the Confederation of Chinese Associations UK. All three dances for the evening - Chinese classical dance and two dances accompanied by singer Gao Minglu - were carefully coreographed by Ms. Lijun Bi and performed by Ms. Bi Lijun and Ms. Liu Kainan. All media coverage of the event and us: 中新社，新华社，凤凰卫视，人民网，上海商会，华人世界，黄金时代传媒，CCNTV etc
- 9th September 2018, one hour showcase produced by Ms. Lijun Bi for the Watford Big Event at Watford town centre to mark the launch of Aubretia Dance Studio. Among the programs, dances, instrumental and songs, our students performed "Liang Liang" - Han dance, "Fen Mo" - single sleeve dance, umbrella dance and Street dance. The event is supported by the Watford Borough Council.
Growing up in China, Ms Lijun Bi was selected to study classical ballet from 9 years old for four years, her dedicated teacher was from Shanghai Ballet Dance Academy (上海芭蕾舞学院) in China, and she was trained in gymnastics at university for four years; for which she won the provincial college gymnastics competition and awarded the national third grade gymnastics in 1980.
She won full scholarship from Australian Government in 1988, after finished her degree from Software Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences (中国科学院软件研究所) . She came to London in 1991 after she finished her postgraduate study from University of Queensland, Australia.
On 15th May 2019, she conducted the U.K Beijing Arts Centre Choir in the special chorus concert "The Songs of May" hosted by The London Chinese Philharmonic Choir in celebrating the 70th Birthday of the People's Republic of China.
Xinhua UK (新华社) report (0:42 - 1:18):
She is the founder and chair of the UK-China National Dance Exchange Association (UKCNDEA), 英中民族舞蹈交流协会).
In August 2019, She completed advanced professional training in Chinese classical dance from the prestigious Beijing Dance Academy (北京舞蹈学院) in China.
In picture holding certificate with Deputy Dean Wang Wei, Beijing Dance Academy.
Since 2004, for four years, she continuously studied Chinese classical dance in London from two award wining dance teachers who both came from Beijing Dance Academy in China.
In July 2019, she made special trip to Dunhuang (敦煌) to learn Dunhuang dance from Ms. Su RuiXuan, who is a brilliant professional Dunhuang dance teacher from the Dunhuang University (敦煌学院), China.
She is also one of the founders and Vice Chairs of UK Chinese International Women’s Association.
Aubretia Dance Studio past performances, events and workshops in 2020
- On 20th June 2020, Ms. Lijun Bi performed a Tibetan dance for the NHS Charity Together online concert, to raise fund for the NHS hero, three hours show broadcast on the YouTube.
- On 15th February 2020, Ms. Lijun Bi directed the opening dance "Upwards To The Moon", a long sleeves dance, for the First China Evening Solo Segment at the House of iKon Show in London Fashion Week AW20. The beautiful dancer was provided by the WanLin Dance School.
- On 4th February 2020, performed "God Luck" Chinese fan dance and "Ban Hu Sha" Chinese Classical dance at the Hult International Business School CNY celebration.
- On 1st February 2020, Ms. Lijun Bi curated Chinese New Year Culture Show and successfully held at the Watford Palace Theatre. Two hours programs, in celebration of the Chinese Year of the Rat, artists participated performed costume dramas and dances spanning multiple dynasties, from the Han, Tang, Song, Qing Dynasties to contemporary. Including dragon dance, traditional drum, music, ancient instruments, various celebration dances, martial arts and songs, presenting the traditional culture of China for five thousand years. Highly praised by the British public. The Mayor of Watford, Mr. Peter Taylor attended the show and posted images he took on his social media:
- On 24th January, Performed "Good Luck" Chinese fan dance and taught British lawyers Chinese fan dance at the Howard Kennedy LLP CNY celebration.
- On 19th January 2020, Ms. Lijun Bi curated Chinese New Year Celebration Show at the Watford Intu, supported by Watford Borough Council. It's one hour show feasted British public with dances, music, songs and martial arts. Highly praised by the British public. The Mayor of Watford, Mr. Peter Taylor attended the show and posted images he took on his social media:
Ms Lijun Bi is also a curator, director and producer of culture and fashion shows.
In 2020, she curated Chinese New Year Culture Show and successfully held at the Watford Palace Theatre on 1st February 2020, highly praised by British public.
And she curated Chinese New Year Celebration at the Watford Intu with Watford Borough Council and delighted the British public on 19th February 2020.
Ms. Lijun Bi was the Excutive Director for the《我爱我的祖国》production by the CCTV (中国中央电视台) for the celebration of 70th anniversary of the People's Republic of China in 2019.
See footage in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9g6KZnpsyg
Ms Lijun Bi was the Vice Chair and music conductor of UK Chinese Choir prior 2016.
In November 2018, she was recommended by the Chinese Embassy in UK and went to China, had formal dance training in the College of Music and Dance in Huaqiao University (华侨大学音乐舞蹈学院) in Xiamen, which was held by the CPC Central United Front Department.
Among her many involvments of high profile culture performances, noticebaly, on 5th Februry 2019 in the National Gallery, Aubretia Dance Studio was introduced to UK and the world media on the press release for launching the London Chinese New Year Celebration 2019 which was the biggest CNY celebration outside Asia. Ms. Lijun Bi was invited to coreograph the finale dance to close the London Chinese New Year Celebration. She brought two programs to the event.
On 10th Februry 2019, as well as performing Beijing Opera style dance on day, Aubretia Dance Studio gave a grand finale dance for thousands people in Trafalgar Square.
Seeing in the picture working on the finale detail on the set the night before in Trafalgar Square with the London Chinese New Year production manager and artistic director Ms. Julia Haferkorn Cobb.